Social Network Analysis (Spring Semester, 2013)*"Student-teacher relationships are based on trust. Acts, which violate this trust, undermine the educational process. Your classmates and the instructor will not tolerate violations of academic integrity"*
Course Schedule & Lecture Notes
* [March 04] Introduction to Course Python-NetworkX-1.ppt|
* [March 11] Chapter 1. Social Media and Social Computing Chapter-1.pptx, Python-NetworkX-2.ppt, HW-1.ppt, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.1, 1.2 (신수진) Recipe 1.1 & 1.2
* [March 18] Chapter 1. Social Media and Social Computing, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.3, 1.4 (정용진) Recipe 1.3 & 1.4
, Python-NetworkX-3.ppt, 34117.pajek, moviegalaxies.com
* [March 25] Chapter 2. Nodes, Ties, and Influence, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.5, 1.6 (정훈영) Chapter-2.pptx, Recipe 1.5 & 1.6, HW-2.ppt
* [April 01] Chapter 2. Nodes, Ties, and Influence, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.7, 1.8 (최요한) Python-NetworkX-4.ppt, Recipe 1.7 & 1.8
* [April 08] Chapter 2. Nodes, Ties, and Influence, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.9, 1.10 (김종명) Recipe 1.9 & 1.10
* [April 15] Chapter 2. Nodes, Ties, and Influence, Mining Twitter, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.11, 1.12 (구본철) Recipe 1.11 & 1.12
* [April 22] Chapter 2. Nodes, Ties, and Influence, Mining Twitter, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.13, 1.14 (최동수) Recipe 1.13 & 1.14, HW-3.ppt
* [April 29] (No Lecture)
* [May 06] Chapter 3. Community Detection and Evaluation, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.15, 1.16 (김기석) Chapter-3-1.pptx, Recipe 1.15 & 1.16
* [May 13] Chapter 3. Community Detection and Evaluation, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.17, 1.18 (오영준) Chapter-3-2.pptx, K-Means, Recipe 1.17 & 1.18
* [May 20] Chapter 3. Community Detection and Evaluation, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.19, 1.20 (김찬명) Chapter-3-3.pptx, Recipe 1.19 & 1.20 Protovis
* [May 27] Chapter 3. Community Detection and Evaluation, Mining Twitter - Recipes 1.21 (정용진, 신수진) Chapter-3-4.pptx, probability.ppt, HW-4.ppt, Recipe 21
* [June 03] (No Lecture)
* [June 10] *Final Exam.*
* Lecturer: Youn-Hee Han (Rm. B303, Tel: 560-1486, email@example.com)|
* Classes: Monday (15:00-17:50)
* Lecture Room: B317
* Course Board(숙제 제출 사이트): http://el.koreatech.ac.kr
* Prerequisites: 자료구조, 알고리즘, 데이터베이스
* Lei Tang and Huan Liu, Community Detection and Mining in Social Media, Synthesis Lectures on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Vol. 2, No. 1, Pages 1-137, 2010. |
* Matthew A. Russell, 21 Recipes for Mining Twitter, O'Reilly Media, March 7, 2011.
* Maksim Tsvetovat and Alexander Kouznetsov, Social Network Analysis for Startups: Finding connections on the social web, O'Reilly Media, October 7, 2011.
* Matthew A. Russell, Mining the Social Web: Analyzing Data from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Other Social Media Sites, O'Reilly Media, February 8, 2011.
* 곽해운, 이창현, 박호성, 문수복, "트위터는 소셜 네트워크인가?," 언론정보연구, 48권, 1호, pp.87~113, 2011년.
* 장덕진, 김기훈, "한국인 트위터 네트워크의 구조와 동학," 언론정보연구, 48권, 1호, pp.59~86, 2011년.
* 반 현, 이현주, "소셜미디어 이용자 집단의 정치적 인지구조의 특성," 언론정보연구, 48권, 2호, pp.5~43, 2011년.
* 이원태, 차미영, 양해륜, "소셜미디어 유력자의 네트워크 특성," 언론정보연구, 48권, 2호, pp.44~79, 2011년.
* 언론속의 Twitter & Twitterology
* Attendance - One class absence will result in the deduction of two points out of 100 points. Five absences will not result in ten points deduction, but "failure" (i.e., grade 'F') in this course. |
* Homeworks & Presentation - There will be much homework and presentation.
* Examination - there will be one final examination.
|* Attendance (10%), Homeworks (20%), Presentation (20%), Examination (50%),|